Thank you for following me xx

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Burlap & White

Good morning peeps,
I'm getting straight down to business today without the usual waffle as there are lots of blogs I want to visit :)
Today I have a card to share and as you'll see I have wandered off from my usual "cutesy" style, I like to have a change now and again just to attempt to keep my brain active & think a bit differently lol.

Today's card features some of the lovely Simon Says Stamp exclusive products, and I'm not being biased due to being incredibly lucky to be a designer for the fabulous Simon Says Stamp store, well o.k maybe just a little bit lol, but I really do love the exclusive range. I have been in a right panic as I haven't been able to find my Harrington Vine Scroll die, I'm hoping I've accidentally tidied it away in the wrong place and that it will turn up but I've realized just how much I use that die in particular & I've had to put another in my shopping basket in store as I "need" it lol.
I've frayed the edges of the burlap square a little and used a Prima burlap flower which I couldn't find in store to link to but as always there is a humongous amount of other & some similar Prima flowers available to feast your eyes on and I've linked to a similar one.
I did say it was a little different for me but I achieved the result I wanted :)
Here is the inside & I've again stamped the fabulous fishtail stamp which is available either in a gorgeous stamp set or was in the May Card Kit which understandably sold out as it's lovely, probably my favourite yet. 
 I love taking photos outside as opposed to taking them indoors with artificial light but I never usually take photos with my card in direct sunlight but I decided to give it a try as there is no dazzling sparkle on this card & I'm pleased I did as in this last piccy below you can really see the fabby wood grain effect on the card stock so much clearer than in my other pic.
That's me done for now peeps, I need to go and trample on a rug literally! I had the bright idea of soaking a large fluffy rug in the bath overnight to wash it and I've only rinsed it out once so it's time to roll up my jeans and take a walk, on a rug, in the bath, yep only me lol.
 Thanks for stopping by :)


23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mandy, a lot simpler than you're normal showings...but everybit as stunning! I love the woodgrain effect and the hessian and burlap you've used....it's so rustic and so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!! so stylish and Beautiful!!!. Love the Adult style.. and Design... I think it is Beautiful!!! Creative Card!.. Hope you are well.. I am running out to my veranda to get some sun!!! Have fun Girlfriend!!! :o) Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Love the style, gorgeously made with the doily and flowers. Great sentiment. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is stunning Mandy!! I love your cutesy cards but this one is exceptional, great job!!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Mandy!!!! I also like this style!!!! Gorgeous wood pattern in the paper and the burlap is such a nice touch. Hugs, brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple, elegant style of this, Mandy! The natural textures of the burlap and kraft work so well with your embossed white and lace doily! Really pretty!
    I have done the bath walk after washing my double duvet...the fun bit is trying to lift the damn thing afterwards - don't do yourself an injury! x) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Mandy, fun to see you do something completey different with the same stunning outcome!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Mandy, congrats for designer work at Simon Says Stamp.
    Hugs Tamara :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning baby girl..no surprise there then..lol love this gorgeous design mmm might have to try this colour combo..

    smiles mummy Tildarette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fab! love your design, the butterflies are so pretty.
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowser Mandy this is GORGEOUS! Love your change of style - no end to your talent sweetie! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hih Mandy, wow love this card! I really like those natural colours together! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Mandy.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Mandy this is awesome...I love the white and burlap...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh Mandy your card is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Mandy, love it !!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful sweetie...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mandy, love the card it's gorgeous! as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How creative, Mandy.............thanks for the inspiration!!!!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card love the wood grain effect and burlap flower
    Carol X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card and so far away from your usual style. Hopefully you haven't done yourself an injury trying to get your sodden dead sheep out of the bath! I did something similar years ago and forgot to think how far the washing line was from the bath! Next time the rug got tossed out bathroom window. Hugs to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card inside and out :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mandy, and unusual card design for you, but is just stunning and beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins